To verify your Apostille please visit www.apostille.tj
Apostille - On February 20th, 2015, Tajikistan acceded to the Apostille Convention and became the 108th member of the Hague Convention abolishing the requirement of legalisation for foreign public documents, concluded October 5, 1961.
The Apostille Convention has entered into force on 31st October 2015 for Tajikistan.
Therefore, all types of official documents, certified and sealed by a Notary Public, when affixed or attached with an Apostille Certificate issued by the competent authorities, will automatically be accepted for legal use in foreign countries signatories to The Hague Convention, i.e. Tajikistan.
Documents with Apostille do not require any further legalization. The Apostille is a stamp/seal/certificate established by the Hague Convention, placed in documents by a competent authority of the country in which the document was issued.
The following documents cannot be apostilled:
- Documents signed/sealed/issued by the Diplomatic missions and Consulates of the Republic of Tajikistan abroad;
- Administrative documents dealing directly with commercial or customs operations (e.g., certificates of origin or import or export licenses);
- Documents which cannot be sent abroad (e.g., military docs, IDs).
- Legalization/ fee: For individuals and for the enterprises €50 Euros per document
- Consideration of documents submitted takes 5 working days from submission date. In exceptional cases the consideration term can be extended till 10 working days
- Express consideration of documents for legalization/apostille takes 1-3 days and costs double of the normal fee
- The legalization/apostille fee will not be returned to the applicant, if the document or information about the applicant has not revealed or applicant refused the legalization/apostille of documents.
How to get an Apostille Certificate.
Make sure you have enclosed:
- The application form or a covering letter
- ID + copy
- The document to which the Apostille is to be attached + copy
- Certificate of taxpayer + copy (for Tajik taxpayers)
- Certificate of incorporation (for legal entity only)
- Receipt of payment
The Republic of Tajikistan has two tiers of authorities competent to issue the Apostille Certificate:
The Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Tajikistan affixes Apostilles to the following documents:
- Tajik civil documents issued by the Civil status registry office (ЗАГС / САҲШ)
- Official documents issued by the state notaries public
- Documents issued by courts and execution procedure authorities
- Documents issued by office of public prosecutor
The Ministry of Foreign affairs of the Republic of Tajikistan issues Apostille for all other documents, except those mentioned above.