1:24 PMHigh-Level International Conference on Countering Terrorism and Preventing Violent Extremism in Dushanbe
High-Level International Conference on Countering Terrorism and Preventing Violent Extremism in Dushanbe
On May 3-4, 2018 by the initiative of the Government of Tajikistan and in collaboration with the United Nations, the OSCE and the EU the High-Level International Conference on Countering Terrorism and Preventing Violent Extremism was held in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
More than 400 delegates from 48 countries took part in the Conference, including 31 international and regional organizations, representatives of the diplomatic corps, civil society and academia.
His Excellency Mr. Emomali Rahmon, President of the Republic of Tajikistan, attended the opening ceremony and delivered a keynote address to the participants, in which he gave comprehensive analyses on the current international and regional situation and called for coordinated efforts in preventing and combating modern security challenges in order to maintain peace and stability.
The Conference consisted of three Thematic Sessions:
1. Countering terrorism, preventing violent extremism and radicalization: from theory to practice;
2. Regional cooperation in responding to terrorism and to violent extremism and radicalization leading to terrorism: identifying strategic priorities;
3. Challenges in implementing effective responses to terrorism, violent extremism and radicalization.
In addition, within the framework of the Conference the following side-events were organized:
- The EU perspective on Preventing and Countering Violent Extremism in Central Asia and beyond;
- UN Support to Prevent Violent Extremism: Global Experiences;
- Thematic photo and video-exhibition on OSCE activities.
The outcomes of the Conference were reflected in the "Dushanbe Declaration".
|Viewed: 54 | Date: 08.05.2018|